Another mini split question.

I currently have a 3 ton Trane that is on it's last legs. We have 2 mini split systems in this house already, one just for our bedroom that they could never get cold enough for my wife on the Trane and one for an addition. Both are fairly new and working fine.
I am seriously thinking about ditching the ducted system and going for a 3 head mini split for the rest of the house. I would really like to get the duct work out of a 140 degree attic. This would also let me zone out the 2 bedrooms we seldom use.
This is an open plan with the living room dining area and kitchen all open. My thought was a compact cassette unit there and a wall head in the other 2 bedrooms. The cassette will accommodate a 4" duct for the master bath. That may need to be the 18KBTU model
I get convincing arguments from contractors both ways and old school guys say I should go back with the central system.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/house%20plan%20AC1.jpg
<DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">&gt; I currently have a 3 ton Trane that = is on it's last legs. We have 2<BR>&gt; mini split systems in this house already, one just for our bedroom<BR>&gt; that they could never get cold enough for my wife on the Trane and one<BR>&gt; for an addition. Both are fairly new and working fine.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am seriously thinking about ditching the ducted = system and going for<BR>&gt; a 3 head mini split for the rest of the house. I would really like to<BR>&gt; get the duct work out of a 140 degree attic. This would also let me<BR>&gt; zone out the 2 bedrooms we seldom use.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT"><STRONG><EM>Maybe you should try put the = wents in the roof that bring temperature down in the Attic.</EM></STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT"><STRONG><EM>And you are deffinatly better = off with dual system then single.<BR></EM></STRONG>&nbsp;<BR>&gt; This is an open plan with the living room dining area and kitchen all<BR>&gt; open. My thought was a compact cassette unit there and a wall head in<BR>&gt; the other 2 bedrooms. The cassette will accommodate a 4" duct for the<BR>&gt; master bath. That may need to be the 18KBTU model<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I get convincing arguments from contractors both ways and old school<BR>&gt; guys say I should go back with the central system.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT><A href="
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/house%20plan%20AC1.jpg "><FONT
face="Calisto MT">
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/house%20plan%20AC1.jpg </FONT></A></DIV></BOD=

I have ridge vents and soffit vents. It is just that hot here.