And you found WHAT in the furnace?

Page 2 of 2

They don't have grills on their ducts?? WTF???
I can only figure one way for the cat to get into the blower compartment.... is from the RA side. I can see how a cat could get to the furnace from the supply side, and around the HX, but there is no way a cat or kitten could make it past the blower wheel(without being strained through) to get into the blower compartment unless it got in from the cold air return.
Nice try, but.... I call BULLSHIT!!!!
Actually, the woman's father (now deceased) was a sheet metal worker. The fact that he's now dead doesn't mean he was any good at it when he was alive.
The vent that goes into the bathroom and the one bedroom aparently never had a vent cover. The bedroom side, the sheet metal stuck out on the one side about an inch from the wall. I pounded it down a bit to staple screen wire over the vent.
At least one floor vent was off, cause some of the church folks were redoing the floor. She put it back as best she could, and put some furniture on it. There was one other hole in the duct behind the furnace.
While I was taking the panning off the old humidifier hole, I was being tangled in cobwebs. I reached for something to pull em down, and found a spun glass filter that had been ripped. I used that to pull down some cobwebs.
She kept asking "could he be in the heater"? She didn't tell me till later that she pulled the filter to look in, and the filter came out torn (she put a new one in, blonde moment?).
That's as best I can figure, the cat came in the return side, fell down the duct, and clawed his way through the spun glass filter.
I sure was wishing for a camera at that moment. I had one in the truck, but figured get the cat out was more important. Sorry you don't believe me. I just write what happens, you choose if you want to believe it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.