air-cooled condenser options

Wanted to see if anyone has heard of this application, and possible shed some light on it.

I was previously planning on installing a 20-ton water-cooled Liebert into a city highrise building. Unfortunately, we are finding out the cooling loop only has the capacity for about 5-tons, and the cost to install a new loop is very high.

However, the space I looking at run right up to an exterior wall with windows. I have seen other people in the building vent through the window. So I am assuming they are venting on air-cooled condenser.

Now I have only seen the more traditional outside or roof mount condensers, but I sounds like this window vent environment is unique, are there special air-cooled condensers that have been designed to work in this sort or environment?

Like I said, I saw another tenant doing this, but I not sure of the specifics. Maybe its not an air-cooled condenser, maybe it is very small water-chiller, etc.,.

If anyone can shed light on this environment for highrise tenants with adequete space for window venting (its a 12-story industrial type building) let me know. We are to far from roof for a roof mounted condensing unit, and the cost of a new cooling loop is too high. I am hoping there is a way to leverage this window venting access in my benefit to easily bring 20-tons of cooling into the space.

Thanks John

Reply to
essenz

what do you have budgeted for such a project?

How big are the windows and how many?

Is the leibert for space conditioning or a data center?

Thru the wall condensers have been around for years, its just a matter of adapting such a system to your liebert.

Reply to
gofish