80% gas furnace RUUD in a icyenene foamed attic - Need a combustion air vent solution

Inspector is telling me that the furnace needs access to fresh air. If I put a vent in the attic it will defeat the whole purpose of the upgraded insulation. Please give me your thoughts.
Mark
So, run a tube from the outdoors to the furnace. Like the 90 percenters.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@moderntechhomes.com wrote:

Put the furnace outside.
Two things;
1.) You needed someone else to inform you that fire needs air to burn??
2.) You foamed your attic to the point of removing *ALL* ventilation.
Please clarify. I think much bigger problems may lie ahead for you.

No it won't, the vent will be ABOVE the insulation.
You should be installing a condensing furnace
However try a motorizred damper interlocked with the gas or even something like this
http://www.tjernlund.com/freshairintake.htm