120volt thermostat

My home heating system thermostat directly controls the hot water circulating pump--that is, the 50s style bimetal thermostat is controlling a 120volt circuit. Can a set-back thermostat, designed to control electric baseboard heaters, and rated for 120volts, be used to control a motor (pump) load?

Yes, but not directly.
Should work.
--
Christopher A. Young