120volt thermostat

My home heating system thermostat directly controls the hot water circulating pump--that is, the 50s style bimetal thermostat is controlling a 120volt circuit. Can a set-back thermostat, designed to control electric baseboard heaters, and rated for 120volts, be used to control a motor (pump) load?

Reply to
topswage

Yes, but not directly.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Should work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is there a reason you can not use a 24v thermostat with a contactor? Cause that's probably what I would do.

Reply to
jamesgangnc