What's this weed?

I'm fumbling around looking for it online, but I'll bet someone's seen it before:
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/these_trees/P1170043.jpg
It's got a fuzzy stem and red taproot, growing in full exposure in cool, damp, mostly cloudy conditions thus far. When they were tiny I thought they might be part of the (welcome) radish march across the garden, but not so.
No real concern -- just wondering if this is anything useful or interesting before I clear them away (really, before the zucchini shade them out of existence).
Just outside Boston, for reference. But you probably figured that out already.
Pete from Boston said:

Redroot pigweed (Amaranthus retroflexus)
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/amare.htm
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."

Thanks. That's actually the closest I came myself, but the pictures I saw weren't quite as spot-on as that one.