What kind of pruner do I want?!

Page 2 of 2

The Fiskars I have are so tough that I don't even think of them breaking. Not so with wooden handled and even metal handled loppers and pruners I have broken over the years. Go look at a pair, and then get back to me. If you can break a pair, it's on something you should have used a chain saw on in the first place. We're talking about four hardened steel teeth, and metal that's very thick. I have had much worse luck with the jaws of simple cutters. If one can break a pair of these Fiskars, I'd love to hear about it. The whole story, and see this person, because it would take one strong mofo to break a pair of them.
Steve
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:21:44 -0700, "Steve B"

Fiskars pruners are so super tough even kriptonite can't hurt them... I keep one of their smaller loppers in my tractor at all times, used often as a crow bar to pry ROCKS out of the ground. I have like 7-8 different loppers but none compare to Fiskars... I bought that one for cheap at Walmart thinking for under $10 who cares if it lasts a year, after using it for like 6 years now I'd never buy any other brand.... I've also used it as a hammer, a barbed wire cutter, even deburred copper tubing. And it definitely will slice through any branch it can wrap it's jaws around... I've used it to lop off more wood than you can shake a stick at.
There it be riding shotgun right behind my seat:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2qanvvl.jpg
I ordered the Fiskars Pro model with replaceable stainless steel blades. They should be here in a few days. Can't wait to see them :)
Rich

Remember ............ You still MIGHT need a chain saw in some cases. Enjoy them. I love mine. Hint: on big limbs, you can cut about a third at a time when you're just too lazy to go get the chainsaw.
Steve
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:21:44 -0700, Steve B

I broke a pair.
Nothing serious, just the tip of one blade snapped off.
I told Fiskars and they took them back and sent me a new pair.
Steven
--
You're a great friend, but if the zombies chase us I'm tripping you.

www.baldman.org.uk