What is eating my Primrose?

Something is eating the leaves of my mixed hardy primrose plants. Can this be slugs or something else? I put out a beer trap yesterday just in case.
--
Elaine

Got deer, woodchucks or rabbits in the neighborhood? One way to find out (sort of) is to stick a little wire cage over some of the plants. If they're still being eaten, it's not mammals.
hmmm good idea, I will try the cage and see. Funny thing out of 15 plants they picked the runt of the litter to pick on. Might have been a rabbit. One was seen a few days ago roaming around the neighborhood looking for trouble.
Thanks for the tip. BTW my beer trap was empty today so it must be a 4 legged mammal type.