What is best vegetable gardening software?

I have found software that I like at a site

but

want to know what others use.

I used paper, pencil and crayons for a long time, but I wante something more sophisticated. plangarden does the trick, it is easy t use, inexpensive and does most of what I want.

I am sure that others may have found better software that I haven't Please let me know what you use. I have asked this question on a fe other forums, but I haven't found anyone that has found anythin better

-- david_s

Reply to
david_s

You said "does most of what I want". Can you describe what it is you want?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As far as what I am looking for, here are a few things that I can thin

of.

1 Easy to use. Most important. I want to garden and not learn compute programs. This plangarden does well.
  1. Know when to plant new vegetables that I haven't tried before. Thi is a planting guide that works for any region.
  2. Print out garden. I want to take the print out with me to th garden. Plangarden does Ok here, but I had to read the forum hel because the first print out I did looked aweful.
  3. Plangarden doesn't have a big database of vegetables yet. They sa that is comming so I will have to wait and see.

Plangarden does have some features for Square-foot-gardening, bu probably not as many as Garden pro, since it was made for SFG. I d some square-foot gardening and some wide-row gardening and containe plants that Garden pro doesn't handle at all, so I like the flexibilit of Plangarden better

-- david_s

Reply to
david_s

Software shmoftware. Next, people will be putting laptops on the nightstand with software telling them when to lick their partner, and where.

I put two tent stakes in the ground to mark a row, tie a rope between them, and there's my line. I install the plants along the line. To determine the distance between the plants, I use another high tech method, patent pending: I read the seed packets, or a book (like SFG or Crockett) whose recommendations I prefer. I use a yardstick, which also works for determining distance between rows. Since weather and other factors can (and will) trash all good plans, and cause plants to grow much larger or smaller than expected, I take notes, and adjust next year.

Among other things, gardening teaches powers of observation. Why introduce a distraction?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Stick with the crayons spammer jerk.

Reply to