What flower is this?

I have googled and flipped many pages of flower books and such...I still cannot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any resources that I've checked.
If you can help, please send me any references or data concerning this plant. I send my thanks. Sincerely.
Flower Images:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/Perpetual_Sparrow/DSCN0224.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/Perpetual_Sparrow/DSCN0223.jpg

cannot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any resources that I've checked.

Looks somewhat like Kerria japonica "pleniforma" (or a mix of the single and double form of Kerria). It's not native to the US, but gets around.
--

Jeff

cannot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any resources that I've checked.

Looks somewhat like Kerria japonica "pleniflora" (or a mix of the single and double form of Kerria). It's not native to the US, but gets around.
--

Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said:

I agree, Kerria japonica, double-flowered form. Not native, but attractive and so far as I know, not particularly invasive.
Which reminds me that I really ought to get grub out those now-overshaded privets and plant an informal line of Kerria in its place...
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."