What Dogwood Species Is This?

The "cornus cornus" varieties in this mid-Atlantic area of zone 7 lost their color weeks ago. But what has replaced them is one that is currently loaded with white bracts. From a distance it looks 85% white, 15% green. Never noticed this small tree before, obviously a doggie by the shape and habit of bracts/leaves. Any ideas?
Thanks, BroJack
Sounds like cornus kousa.

Yes, Cornus kousa is in full flower right now in Zone 7. I can't wait for the bright rasberry pink 'Crunchberry' seeds which form next.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
Thanks for your response, following which I looked it up and believe that it's the "chinensis" variety. Gorgeous plant.
BroJack