What are these fruit trees, blooming in October?

We just bought a house in Portland, OR (Zone 8), and unfortunately the people we bought it from didn't have any clue what they'd planted in their garden -- so we don't know either.
So far, the biggest mystery is a couple of young fruit trees in the back yard that have recently budded and sprouted flowers -- in the middle of October! I think they're some kind of cherry, based on the toothed leaves and semi-double flowers, but I'm not even 100% sure about that.
Can someone who knows more about trees than I do look at these pictures I took today and tell me what these are? And should I be concerned that they're blooming in October?
Photos here: http://adamschneider.net/misc/tree.html
Thanks,
Adam

Most likely a form of ornamental cherry, Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis', which, as the name implies, blooms in fall. Also blooms in spring as well. A relatively common tree in these parts.
pam - gardengal

That's exactly it, Pam. Thanks!
Adam
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:24:20 -0700, Adam Schneider
Beautiful pictures! Camera?

Just my ancient (4 years old now) Olympus C-2020Z....
Adam