weeping cherry

I moved into my home last summer and in that year's time I've kept a close eye on my 5ft. weeping cherry. It always seemed to be on the brink of death until it briefly bloomed last spring. As quickly as the leaves appeared, they wilted, but did not fall off. I took a little shaving off it's trunk and saw green, so life still courses through it's resilient veins. What can I do to help it along for next spring?