Weed 'n' Feed vs. pets

Our 5 1/2 y.o. dog has been diagnosed with lymphoma. In doing research on the topic, I found that there is a strong statistical relationship between 2,4-d herbicide and lymphatic disease in pets -- I can't remember if it was 100% or 300% increase in the occurrence rate in breeds of dogs with a genetic susceptibility to lymphoma when their lawns were treated with 2,4-d. Weed 'n' feed fertilizers contain rather high amounts of 2,4-d. I don't use weed 'n' feed fertilizers and I never have; I don't believe in using pesticides indiscriminately. I do use 2,4-d to spot treat weeds in the front yard, but Dog never goes in the front yard. I've always pulled weeds in the back yard (where Dog lives), or just mow over them, so my conscience is clear on the matter. But I thought I needed to warn folks about what I found because it might prevent a tragedy for one of y'all. I never knew about this specific risk.
Please don't turn this into a rant session about RoundUp. Thanks.
Best regards, Bob
Bob,
Can you give a reference for the "...strong statistical relationship".
zxcvbob wrote:

Journal of the National Cancer Institute: Hayes, H. M., R. E. Tarone, K. P. Cantor, C. R. Jessen, D. M. McCurnin, and R. C. Richardson. 1991. Case-control study of canine malignant lymphoma: positive association with dog owners use of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid herbicides. JNCI, 83: 1226-1231.
However, in looking up the reference again to answer your question, I see that the validity of the Hayes study is much debated, and several web sites say it has been "debunked".
Best regards, Bob
snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net wrote:

"Weed 'n' Feed" makes a lousy alternative to pets.
So when are you going to publish the findings to your study?
Remember that there is something called "false cause" in logic.