Wedding Bells morning glory, cross with Flying Saucers

I'm getting ready to buy my morning glory seeds for spring! Now I get most of my unusual ones from Ebay. I've given up on trading since I often don't get the right things. I'm still trying to keep Wedding Bells from going extinct. I had some success a couple years back, and even got a cross with Flying Saucers. Flying Saucers is now safe from extinction, it's available at K-Mart and Wal-Mart, after being nearly lost in the early 90's. Wedding Bells is still unavailable anywhere commercially. The cross came out as a solid periwinkle, with no stripes. Germination rate with Wedding Bells is much lower than Heavenly Blue.

Wedding Bells X Flying Saucers page

Wedding Bells page
Wedding Bells seed auction on Ebay

Pat Vasgah

is my first try at named varieties, we've had the wild ones for years. Also trying Milky Way and Sunrise Mix (variegated foliage). Are they really that hard to germinate?

Janine

Reply to
jrstark

If I could get some seeds, I'd grow'm out here in the High Mojave Desert, MG's love it out here.

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR

Telescope Buyers FAQ
of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00 for Windows machines. Email: snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com

Reply to
Starlord

Reply to
Pat Vasgah

I tried a bid of your last ones, it blew my mind to see what they went for at the end, way outside what I can afford.

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR

Telescope Buyers FAQ
of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00 for Windows machines. Email: snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com

Flying Saucers this year, bought the seeds at Franks. This

Reply to
Starlord