Viney questions

Regarding wild vines: I live in the Central Florida area and there is a wild vine which has overtaken the vacant lot next to mine. It's blooming on the top of the trees and looks like yellow Carolina Jasmine -- but there is no fragrance. Any idea what it might be? The vines have grown 30 feet in length to cross the wooded floor of the lot and reach the canopy of a tall tree. It's pretty breath-taking.
And yet another question: I'm trying to find a vine that I can control and put in a flower box with trellis, but there's nothing small enough that I can find in the stores. Any suggestions?
see my replies under " Honeysuckle wont bloom" mle
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:25:58 +0000, sincara wrote:

Hyacinth bean is vigorous but pretty. Cypress vine. Ipomoea. Ivies work.
Let the vines grow and prune back to contain.

Mandevilla, Allamanda, both work well.
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:25:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@pinola.com wrote:

thunbergia .. black eyed susan vine (there's a light ..maybe white.. version of the vine too)