Using a roto-tiller in reverse?

Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am wondering when the reverse would be useful.
My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.
Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of a rototiller?
Thanks for any insight into this,
Jon
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:20:23 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. Reverse is useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

Well, if the tines get caught, I suggest you stop the tiller immediately and remove the entanglement--reverse function or not, to prevent breaking a pin.

Not at all.

"Phisherman" wrote:

Thanks Phisherman, I hadn't thought of the corners. I can see a reverse switch handy in such a situation.
Thanks,
Jon

A friend of mine played one of his old country music 33's in reverse. Got back his wife, his dog, his pick-up, ...........
cheers
oz

did he also sober up and leave the bar?
rob
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:20:23 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

I liked the reverse in the tiller I used. Besides turning around in tight spots,when I hit a rock or a hard clump, the reverse allowed me to back up and straighten out the row.
Kate

Ah, thanks Kate, I hadn't thought of that. Much appreciated!
Jon