Two ? favorite garden mistakes I've made

Early on I went with a shotgun approach just purchasing one of various varieties to see what would do well here. Learned a lot and propagated the ones that made it. Nagging thought what if the demise was not the plants fault. What am I missing? Second would be not keeping records of garden varieties just used my once sharp mind. I kept a list of what we grew but it consisted of just names. Nagging thought why did I not think of usefulness or ease of propagation or... Seems my current garden was stumbled upon by many mistakes. Still I spend hours out there making alas more mistakes. Some call it work some call it fun.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I understand. I yearly intend to attempt notebooks and all that procedural stuff, but never make it. What sticks in my addled pate sticks and what don't, don't. It all tastes good and fuels us. Some years somethings work and other years they don't. Who knows. Variables. Lots of variables, many of which we may not even be aware and most we cannot control.

Not work, just part of the process.....life. Seize the Carp! Feed the Soil! What else can we do?

Charlie

"The fair-weather gardener, who will do nothing except when the wind and weather and everything else are favorable, is never master of his craft."-- Henry Ellacombe

Reply to
Charlie