tomatoes

I have tomatoes plants of different varieties in the ground and in 5 gal.buckets and they are all cracking on the top of the tomatoe its self. Can someone help me out with this problem?

Reply to
rapzebco45

What varieties are you growing? Some tend to crack more than others. Uneven watering can also cause some varieties to crack. And if your summer has been anything like our summer (very hot!) you can expect a few to crack.

Reply to
Bill R

Check that you are watering them regularly with the same amount of water each time as this is probably due to irregular watering from letting them dry out a bit much and then watering them a bit too much to compensate.

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
annapiekarz

What the other two people said about extremes of moisture vs dryness is right. Beside watering regularly and evenly, which involves work, you should also mulch the plants, which helps minimize rapid drying. If you have not poisoned your lawn with weed killers & pesticides, and if you mower has a bagging attachment, you have a free source of excellent mulch.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom