tom-tato?

Page 2 of 2
songbird wrote:

I am not talking about emptying the chamber pots of the whole family on one lemon tree daily but pissing on one of my fruit trees as the opportunity arrises. I cannot persuade Her Indoors to contribute.

We can argue about what is meant by 'sterile', if you need special modern techniques to detect pathogens but still they are there you are technically correct. However from a practical point of view it is not a health risk. Of course anything composted is far from sterile by any definition.

A good idea in principle but much harder to manage in practice. Feces do require considerable care and management to be safe whereas urine doesn't. As you observe much more suited to a dry climate. I have friends who have for idealogical reasons installed composting toilets in a wet climate and it is a constant source of problems. -- David
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A better world requires a daily struggle against those who would mislead us.
Steve Peekingese wrote:

Did the missus bring you to the Vet for neutering?
On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 12:20:12 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:

I never admitted to it.
Steve Peek wrote:

That was wise, as you knew she would have raised your voice a few octaves. hehe
On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Yep, I was born at night, but twasn't last night.
~misfit~ wrote: ...

much sympathy, it's no fun, that is for sure!
my chiropractor has helped me a lot. and i've done a lot of studying to see what is going on and what might help the most. right now i am stable and fairly pain free (off and on again problems for 37 years). i am not restored to perfect function though so i do have to be wary of certain things and pay attention to when my back has had enough.
unfortunately, most people are not taught how to take care of their back in health class or on the job training (along with proper lifting techniques). i wasn't.
for some jobs this training should be mandatory along with a basic fitness test (to make sure your abdominal muscles are strong enough and lifting techniques are proper).
the morning is the most likely time to blow out a disc because they get recharged at night and the fluids in them make them stiff until you can get them limbered up (gently).
if you are doing any kind of garden work or heavy lifting or even bending in the morning it is always a good idea to warm up first.
most of the injuries to my back could have been avoided had i known such things. it's always a bad idea to take someone and throw them into heavy work without conditioning and training. had i been given such i think i could have avoided most of my troubles and the injuries i did have would have been much less troublesome over the longer term.
living some place i could swim in the ocean on a regular basis would be really nice and the most help. around here i try to take regular walks and of course keep active in the gardens when the ground isn't frozen.
songbird
Once upon a time on usenet songbird wrote:

Thank you. Indeed it's not fun.

Yes, as do I. Good to hear that you are fairly pain free these days

Mornings are worst for me these days as, during the day my 'tenderloins' subconsciously bunch up and semi-immobilise the injured area. Late in the day they feel like hard rubber and I'd have difficulty moving my disc-less area if I wanted to. However they relax as I sleep and, during the early part of the day I feel very vulnerable and take great care not to twist my lower back.

Very much so.

My injury was a freak occurance and, while I'd never put myself in a situation where it could occur again it wasn't something that could have been avoided by education. That said most back injuries *could* be avoided if only people were given more information and bosses were made to stick to a code of conduct with their workers.

Swimming in the ocean would be nice - as long as there wasn't too much surf to put pressure on my lower back. However I now live on the cheap side of town and going for walks is almost inviting trouble so my excercise is limited to gardening and (careful) lawnmowing.
Cheers,
--
Shaun.

songbird wrote:

And no greater source of human manure exists than at Usenet. LOL