tobacco and coffee

being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?
I would love come fertile coffee beans for the same basic idea... we both like coffee, though...

growing tobacco is one thing, drying it and processing it quite another. Google a search on growing your own. I looked in to it but decided it was a major effort.
rob
In article snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz says...

I've looked into growing tobacco because it looks like a beautiful plant and an interesting conversation piece for the garden. Getting the seeds is rather expensive however and not having grown it I don't know what I'd be up against.
I really wish nurseries around me would carry exotic seedlings like this so I wouldn't have to start them from seeds. Instead they usually carry the same old crap, lots of petunias, marigolds, pansies, etc. that look interesting to the casual gardener but do not inspire me.

since an extract from tobacco was used as a pesticide, but was too dangerous for popular use, that doesn't make much sense.

you'd better cite this somewhere, because I'm not finding anything on google. I call BS.
On 5 Apr 2007 12:31:40 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

http://en.mimi.hu/gardening/nicotine_sulfate.html
http://www.tifac.org.in/offer/tlbo/rep/TMS158.htm
http://davesgarden.com/terms/go/1444 /