Ti Plants

I have 2 Ti Plants about 18" tall that I brought in for the winter. One is doing fine, I think, but the other is dropping leaves. Soil feels slightly damp and I am careful not to overwater. They are in an west facing room with a sliding door that affords them good light.
All that having been said....what SHOUD I be doing for or to them? Thank you for all suggestions,
Nan In western DE(thought it was so small it couldn't have an east and west, dincha??) But we are only 3 miles from the MD border!!
On 1/1/2008 11:10 AM, Nanzi wrote:

Ti plants are Cordyline fruticosa (sometimes called C. terminalis). I have one that I keep indoors all year long, in a north greenhouse window.
Don't keep it too close to a window where it gets direct sun. It will burn. If it's several feet from the window, then it's okay even if the sun shines on it.
Because my house is not square on the compass, my greenhouse window gets several hours of morning sun in the summer. I hang shade cloth over the window from April until October.
See my <http://www.rossde.com/garden/indoors.html .
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Thank you for your suggestions. It had dropped several more leaves and I have p[laced it away from the sliding door., thinking that the breeze from dogs going in and out could be the problem. Nan