The DO NOT CALL registry

Page 2 of 2
I always use the name Seymour Butts. He was the famous author of "Living Under the Bleachers".
Best

On 17 Aug 2003 17:11:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

From the beginning I didn't believe the "do not call" list would work. The government doesn't do many things right the first time and sometimes never.
I have an unlisted number and block anyone who blocks their number. I don't ever register for a chance to win a free anything. Doing so is just saying yes to more junk snale mail and spam. I don't give my phone number out to *anyone* other than family, friends, and health care providers. Not even my credit union or mortgage company has my home number. If I absolutely have to give a phone number to someone I'm not comfortable giving it to then I'll give me wireless number. I never get telemarketing calls on either phone.
sparkie

There's at least one where I live. At least I think it's a telemarketing firm. I sure wouldn't want to do it, but I think the pay is a lot better than you can make at Burger Tyrant (when it's not on commission anyway). Plus you get to sit in a cubicle instead of standing over a stove, so for a lot people, it's like the promised land. The downside is people hate you and it wears on your soul.
-- Salty

Workplace carnage is generally committed by a crazed employee or ex-employee. "Going postal" doesn't mean an average citizen invades a post office because he's been getting too many bills and ads.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:20:27 -0700, "Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A."

Maybe they target only responsible gun owners.