Thank you RG

Someone asked the question below back in August. Since I am from zone 6/7 PA I figured I try planting some stuff per the replies they got. I have never done fall planting before in my small vegetable garden. I got the guys at the garden center to go dumpster diving and pull out the seeds their rep had just thrown away. They gave me Burpee packs for 10 cents and I convinced them to put the rest out for elementary school students and their science projects.
TODAY I picked radishes and leaf lettuce from what I planted, along with some of my last pink heirloom tomatoes. A spring salad in the fall with garden tomatoes...I am in heaven.
Jim

McGerm wrote:

Wait until you discover hoophouses. Your January harvests will be even better. I have three large beds that I don't touch before november. Sadly, I am switching to greens myself, the last watermelon picked sunday, and only a handful tomatoes yesterday.