Strange weed-bamboo?

Not sure what happened to my first post....
Hi, I have a strange weed growing all over my garden which is very delicate looking like a tiny bamboo plant with a very delicate stalk, but only a couple inches high, then of course, it starts growing. Last year when I moved into my house (in Atlanta, GA) the yard was full of them...I'm patiently pulling them all (since I can't use pre-emergent because of all of my flowering plants) but just curious what they could be. I'll try to post a picture if noone can figure out by my description.
Kirsten
microstegium....Japanese stilt grass...very invasive