stonecrop propagation question

I posted this question a few days ago but since there was no reply thought I'd try again with a more intelligent heading.
I decided to propagate some stonecrop to fill in an area of my yard. Following instructions I found on a website, I cut 16 small shoots and planted them with rooting powder in a seed tray using store-bought potting soil. They are still green and healthy after 5 days, so must be taking root. I water them regularly, and they have part shade.
My question is, how long will it take until they have viable root systems and I can transplant them into the yard?
Which "stonecrop"? Sedum is a very large genus.

Sedum floriferum "Weihenstephaner gold", according to the nursery tag.
Getting back to your original question:

I had propagated some related Aizopsis (formerly section Aizoon) Sedums from stem cuttings back in July and they formed sufficient roots for replanting within 3 weeks.
They will need water only every few days. If you overwater, they may rot instead of root.
wrote

Great. Thanks.

By "overwater" do you mean sitting in standing water? I have them in a ribbed tray so I can make sure that excess water can drain away out of the soil.
Dave Gower wrote:

Do not believe a word the OP posted, he is a crackpot without a clue!
--
The Hawke

Succulent plants should never sit in standing water for any length of time.
By overwater, I mean do not water them every day. Let them dry out between waterings. Cuttings will need to stay slightly moist but not wet.
wrote

This varies because of many thing including the time of day the cuttings were taken and how they were handled after they were cut. The standard procedure is to tug on one or two every week and see if there is any resistance which indicates it is rooting. Wait until you get a good root mass before transplanting. You don't need a large root mass, just a lot of very small short roots. You don't want the roots to get tangled with their neighbors roots.
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
Cuttings of succulent plants usually root rather quickly.
Time of day and handling may be important for rooting woody cuttings (Rhododendrons?) but it does not apply here. Rooting hormones are not necessary either.
You don't need to pull them up to see if they rooted either. When they are well rooted, they will put out new growth all by themselves.
Since you potted the cuttings individually, you don't need to worry about the roots getting tangled with the others.
More important factors to consider are warm temperatures and not over watering.

I put leaf shoots from larger sedums and short shoots from smaller sedums in my pond bio-filter, completely submerged and they grow like Kudzu.........

That is nuts. Submerging succulents completely in water will kill them.