Spring and autumn clematis

Has anyone ever grown a summer clematis and an autumn clematis on the same trellis? I was wondering if each could hold it's own or if the autumn clematis would be too over-powering.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Give it a shot! I've lost so many plants due to stupid mistakes that I can't remember the particulars. . What bothers me is the chance of an early failure led me to believe that/those plants won't work in my micro-climate and a small chance for beauty was lost.
Bill
--
Garden Shade Zone 5 in a Japanese Jungle manner.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted ( ) material the use of
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have never heard of Clematis described as Summer or Autumn but it should not be a problem.

USDA Zone 8

Sweetautumn Clematis (Clematis maximowicziana) is *extremely* vigorous and would certainly choke out a more placid named cultivar.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com

Pardon that error-- Sweetautumn Clematis is Clematis terniflora, not maximowicziana.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
I have five different varieties growing on the same lattice. I use the heavy duty lattice made of plastic (white). I added a frame to connect the two 4' x 8' sheets together and connected to a utility pole. I have my most vigorous summer and autumn plants at the opposite ends and they do fine. Between Chicago and Milwaukee. Paul

Most of my trellis's have at least two. I try to get an early flowering and a late flowering on the same one. but of course that doesn't always work when I lose the tags! Other than that I try to get a pink with purple or variations of. I think to date I have 30 different clematis. Currently 10 are in bloom.
Zone 5b
--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid