Spike

Does anyone know what a plant called Spike is. It looks sort of like what we used to call Mother-in-Law's Tongue. That is, it is colored like that.
When I got it home from the nursery I discovered that the tags had been removed so now I don't know if it's a bog plant or what.
Thanks,
Pixi
Could it be yet another uninspired common name for Sansevieria?

that.
its a type of dracenae. An annual, a houseplant that became popular in outside garden pot displays a few years ago. The plant usually forms a woody "trunk" that when you cut the top leaves off, can be rooted and forms side shoots which can also be rooted later on if you don't want the woody plant appearance. Since they've become so popular as a verticle accent in container gardens, greenhouse nurseries propigate them and offer them in 4 inch pots at garden centers. They probably increase their stock by cuttings.
This plant is annual, but you can lift it out of the pot it's growing in and pot it up and winter it over if you'd like. madgardener where the Lowes where she works has LOTS of pots of "Spike"

that.
I believe you are referring to Cordyline australis.
Its actually a shrub from New Zealand but the seedlings are often sold as accent plants for planters.

what
that's it! thanks Cereus-validus~~!! maddie

been