Speaking of Hosta's

When is the best time to divide them?
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

When the sun is still shining.

now. in spring they come up perfect again. Ingrid

There isn't really a bad time....extremely hardy plants that will take dividing at anytime during the year in our climate. Now is ideal.
pam - gardengal

I divide mine in the spring jut before they begin to leaf out. I know that people also like to divide them in the fall. Here the fall can be tricky. You can have days of nice warm weather and then it can plunge to below freezing temperature in the span of a day.
Travis wrote:

Thanks to all for their advise. Looks like now is the best for me in my part of the world.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington