Sorta OT: Border Wipeout

I've been so busy this summer I haven't been keeping up with my gardening (or with rec.gardens!!), but last night I had a little custom cultivation done on my front lawn and border. I live at the bottom of a fairly sharp corner, and twice this past year people going too fast have rolled their cars out front. The last one rolled onto the stone wall and a car across the street, the noise was spectacular; last night a young girl rolled her Ford Escort through my front border and onto my front lawn. Both drivers were unhurt each time, I have o idea how or why, other than the fact that they both had their seatbelts on. Thankfully the girl just cut her hands a bit. The tow truck operator did a good job of righting the car and pulling it off my lawn with a minimal amount of damage, that is, compared to what the car did! And she just missed my weeping cherry ! The cops said I'd get a new fence outta the insurance company.

I'll post pictures over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens later on this evening if you want to see.....

Reply to
Ann

The message from Ann contains these words:

I'm glad nobody was hurt. We used to live beside an accident blackspot, and learned the hard way never to accept recently-crashed drivers' claims to be unhurt, licensed, the owner of the car, or insured :-(. I always notified the police straight away giving them the registration number of the car, and asked for an ambulance to attend.

IME, by the following day, a careless driver who has just written off their dad's/employer's car/discovered an injury is often giving a barely recognisable version of both the event and any rescue assistance. You don't want to find yourself unexpectedly at the blame end of *their* insurance claim.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

"J. Lane" expounded:

Ha! Well, this young lady wasn't drunk, just extremely shook up. I posted a picture over on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens of the car upside down, the title is Custom Cultivator I'll get pictures of the damage later, I thought I'd taken the pictures already, but forgot we used my husband's film-camera.

Reply to
Ann

"gregpresley" expounded:

Thanx, Greg. It'll grow back, and I didn't lose anything but my annual nicotianas, thankfully. If she'd of taken out my cherry, the accident could have been fatal......;-)

Reply to
Ann