Something is eating the Petunias

My neighbor has some kind of pest eating the flowers of her potted Petunia's. Not really and visible insects but today her husband looked inside one of the flower and found a small green worm. sorry I don't have a better desciption but I didn't see it myself. anyone know waht this might be?

thanks, sparkie Zone 6

Reply to
sparkie

Sounds like a budworm. I've been fighting them all summer in my pelargoniums. Though mostly I've found small ones, today I saw one that was one inch long! They eat the leaves, but what they really like is the buds, eventually you'll see bore holes in the stems, too. You can use BT against them.

Lana

Reply to
szozu