Something is eating my daffodils!

I planted daffs in hopes that most animals would leave them alone and I today I find that two of the blooms on one plant not yet open torn off on the ground. One of them looked like it had been munched. Was this a stupid rabbit or squirrel that didn't know it tasted bad and had to try it? It seems too early for insects like earwigs here in Minneapolis!

mm

Reply to
mmarteen

Birds are a possibility. I've had them snip off / tear apart squash blossoms.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz