Something is eating my daffodils!

I planted daffs in hopes that most animals would leave them alone and I today I find that two of the blooms on one plant not yet open torn off on the ground. One of them looked like it had been munched. Was this a stupid rabbit or squirrel that didn't know it tasted bad and had to try it? It seems too early for insects like earwigs here in Minneapolis!
mm
mmarteen said:

Birds are a possibility. I've had them snip off / tear apart squash blossoms.