Someone do a rain dance, please

Page 3 of 3
just saw the local forcast on the 6 o'clock news. said we had a slight chance for isolated rain and storms fri-sun of this coming weekend. i guess it will do like last week and rain all around us, but not on us.......oh let us pray, "lord, save the crops and the flowers and the gardens!" maybe we will blessed with rain also.

It rained up in Maine Saturday night. All weekend rain was predicted for my home area down in Mass. We drove home from Maine on Sunday through rain. Got close to my area, and it stopped. We didn't get a drop of rain on my gardens down here. I'm doing a nekked garden raindance this evening! :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

It was about 26 hours later here. Want me to send you some spit? Maybe mine is *special*. :)

(laughing) No thanks! (more laughing) I think my husband's works just fine..........................(still laughing!) Sorry - couldn't resist - but seriously now. You must have looked at your local forecast before you made your turtle. I bet if we did it (the turtle thing!) again saturday - it will rain sunday (even though they said this morning we will only get about an inch)

We were only supposed to have a 20% chance of rain but they had said that pretty much every day for weeks before my spit-take. I'll be honest, though, I chose to do it in the middle of an ancient native American encampment site. I think the spirits of those old Americans might have sensed the urgency in my spit. I only have a few days to search that field for artifacts before the crops get too big and I couldn't search well without rain. It rained the next day and I hit the motherlode in that field. I'd like to think it worked like that, at any rate.

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war battleground would work as well................plenty of them around here. this has already become the 2nd driest season on record for our area. the expected inch won't even put a dent in our problem. it probably won't even take an hour for the ground to soak it up. I'm beginning to think we need a tropical storm with lots of rain, but with out the winds and thunderstorms

Er... be careful what you wish for -- you may just get it. After a few days of rain I was wondering how to get my spit back. :)

What do you think, Buderschnookie?
If you want, Rachael, I'll go to my 5000 Spells book and look up the spells for rain again but I think the turtle was, by far, the easiest to do.
When you made your turtle, did you remember the tail? I think the tail is very important since that's sort of the... um... water end. :)))

Yeah - he remembered that. you must have saw my local forecast b4 i did.......... a few hours after my comment about a tropical storm, they did a break-in thing on the tv about TS Barry! looks like we are finally gonna get some much needed rain! not too much - but just enough

Your turtle worked. It just moved slower than mine. :)
(I told ya, I gotz MAGIC SPIT!)
somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at another week of rain. sigh. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Uh, does the polka count? -Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry here that it didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up. Oh well, I guess we are gonna have to keep praying, dancing, spitting, and snake killing around here. Either that or go ahead and agree with Frag that he must have "magic" spit................
Parched & burnt in NC Rae

She.
And I think it was the location AND the magic spit.
:)

Sorry! I thought i put she/he?. that's what i meant to put anyways - my mind was moving faster than my fingers. believe it or not - they actually put out a twister warning for my county at the same time I had started writing that post. I was mainly thinking about getting it sent and getting the comp off. We just had 2 more inches of rain in 30 minutes. I guess our spit must just be working in spells.........i still agree with the theory of your rain being because of the location.

That's why your spit didn't work. You're a non-believer. :P~

That's right Charlie, during inclement weather, it's best to keep your lighting rod in your pocket. Uh, is that your storm coming around the corner?
I'm out-a-here, Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)