Someone do a rain dance, please

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are this -> |

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article f2uk76$da3$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" this -> | pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised

Come here - I nearly drowned this past weekend. I got to camp in the rain with my daughter's Brownie troop.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C27860E9.691F6% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Where are you? I'm in central Indiana and this has been the quietest spring in the five years I've been here. (Translation: we've only heard the tornado sirens once.) I wish this house still had its well set-up because I'm sure not watering anything at the prices of water in this town. Send the rain to me. Do your Send The Rain Thataway rain dance, please.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

I'm in New Hampshire and this is the second spring with major flooding. Will dance tonight and send it your way for the weekend.

Cheryl Isaak

In article , FragileWarrior

Reply to
Bill Rose

"FragileWarrior" are

All we've had here are 2" in the past 8 weeks. I was forced to water the flowers and vegetables again yesterday.

Reply to
Manelli Family

"FragileWarrior" are

Dig a small hole in the shape of a turtle. Spit in it. Cover it back up. Really.

Reply to
Buderschnookie

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

We went through a 24 day stretch end of April to mid May with no rain (Cheryl, you got it all, I think!), last week through the weekend we got drowned. I do wish it could be a bit more even. Rain twice a week, 1/2" or so, starting at midnight and ending around 4 am would be nice!

Reply to
Ann

No...just have your car detailed. Rain will appear very soon. Care Wren

Reply to
KarenCannoli

Oh ya - flood watches, floods, water in the basement and unending rain the entire weekend.... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Bill Rose wrote in news:rosefam-749062.08273522052007 @cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au:

Nope. I'm afraid of smothering the seedlings. There is some mulch from last year but I was waiting for a little more height on the new plants to mulch this year.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Ann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And if the rain could do some weeding while it was here... well, that'd just be heaven on Earth. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C27866BA.69205% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

The people in Indy won't like that but I don't care. I hate that race car stuff.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Has something happened in this newsgroup when I wasn't looking?

- Bill

Bill Rose

I meant during the Winter and early Spring. I probably don't need to tell you, that mulch holds in the moisture and encourages the worms to do your tilling, leaving your soil all soft and fluffy (sort of). I'm learning this all too slowly but, it even slowed down my previously raging gastropods (painful they were too). Take care of your mulch and your mulch will take care of you;-)

Bill Rose

On Tue, 22 May 2007 19:14:41 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior last year but I was waiting for a little more height on the new plants to

Actually, your seedlings will do MUCH better if you put a layer of mulch down. Ruth Stout, an ancient organic gardener used to put a foot of alfalfa hay in her vegetable garden and make enough room (like a mulch tunnel) to transplant the seedlings. They reach for the sun, don't scald at the roots and are infinitely healthier than if you don't mulch. Just an idea.

Reply to
jangchub

On Tue, 22 May 2007 19:16:42 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Reply to
jangchub

Anybody remember how Ruth Stout used to plant tomatoes?

She said -- I think this was in the old Organic Gardening -- that she put ripe tomatoes on the ground and stepped on them.That was IT.

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

I have a few of her books I found at antique shops. I'll take a look to see if she has an index for planting tomatoes. She is famous for the "no till, no work gardening" plan. She was very successful.

Reply to
jangchub

"Buderschnookie" wrote in news:44bbb$465319e7$4b59ab58$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

I'll be danged... it worked. :)