Someone do a rain dance, please

hey frag, neighbor down the road just killed a 14ft rattlesnake...............that's definitely a record around here. maybe it will pour down rain soon now!

"FragileWarrior" to stop for a week. :)

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

Holy cra... er... cow! If that doesn't getcha rain, you'll have to retire that Old Wive's Tale.

I almost creamed a snake today while he was deciding whether or not to cross the road. That made me revamp this old joke:

Q: Why did the snake cross the road?

A: Because he decided it would be a good day to get road stomped by a car

-- and the semi behind it -- going 55 mph.

Yeah, I know... keep my day job.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Hey Frag,

how soon after you do the turtle spit thing is it suppose to rain? it hasn't worked yet...........

Rae

"FragileWarrior" are

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:465f7a38$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

It was about 26 hours later here. Want me to send you some spit? Maybe mine is *special*. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" >

(laughing) No thanks! (more laughing) I think my husband's works just fine..........................(still laughing!) Sorry - couldn't resist - but seriously now. You must have looked at your local forecast before you made your turtle. I bet if we did it (the turtle thing!) again saturday - it will rain sunday (even though they said this morning we will only get about an inch)

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:466027bb$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

We were only supposed to have a 20% chance of rain but they had said that pretty much every day for weeks before my spit-take. I'll be honest, though, I chose to do it in the middle of an ancient native American encampment site. I think the spirits of those old Americans might have sensed the urgency in my spit. I only have a few days to search that field for artifacts before the crops get too big and I couldn't search well without rain. It rained the next day and I hit the motherlode in that field. I'd like to think it worked like that, at any rate.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war battleground would work as well................plenty of them around here. this has already become the 2nd driest season on record for our area. the expected inch won't even put a dent in our problem. it probably won't even take an hour for the ground to soak it up. I'm beginning to think we need a tropical storm with lots of rain, but with out the winds and thunderstorms

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:466037d0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

Er... be careful what you wish for -- you may just get it. After a few days of rain I was wondering how to get my spit back. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:466037d0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

What do you think, Buderschnookie?

If you want, Rachael, I'll go to my 5000 Spells book and look up the spells for rain again but I think the turtle was, by far, the easiest to do.

When you made your turtle, did you remember the tail? I think the tail is very important since that's sort of the... um... water end. :)))

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" spells

Yeah - he remembered that. you must have saw my local forecast b4 i did.......... a few hours after my comment about a tropical storm, they did a break-in thing on the tv about TS Barry! looks like we are finally gonna get some much needed rain! not too much - but just enough

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:46618ab7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

Your turtle worked. It just moved slower than mine. :)

(I told ya, I gotz MAGIC SPIT!)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at another week of rain. sigh. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Uh, does the polka count?

-Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry here that it didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up. Oh well, I guess we are gonna have to keep praying, dancing, spitting, and snake killing around here. Either that or go ahead and agree with Frag that he must have "magic" spit................

Parched & burnt in NC Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news:4664929f$ snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

She.

And I think it was the location AND the magic spit.

:)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" > begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry

Sorry! I thought i put she/he?. that's what i meant to put anyways - my mind was moving faster than my fingers. believe it or not - they actually put out a twister warning for my county at the same time I had started writing that post. I was mainly thinking about getting it sent and getting the comp off. We just had 2 more inches of rain in 30 minutes. I guess our spit must just be working in spells.........i still agree with the theory of your rain being because of the location.

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.intrstar.net:

That's why your spit didn't work. You're a non-believer. :P~

Reply to
FragileWarrior

That's right Charlie, during inclement weather, it's best to keep your lighting rod in your pocket. Uh, is that your storm coming around the corner?

I'm out-a-here, Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose