Rain Dance

Does anyone know of a good dance to make rain?

-Tim In every case, take the high road.

Reply to
Tim

My 6 and 8-year-old granddaughters turn on the faucet and then dance in the sprinkler - instant rain.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Washing cars or windows is supposed to work, as is hanging fresh laundry out on the line. ;-)

What works most often for me is turning on the soaker hoses to the garden or fence borders.

Rain within 24 hours!

Reply to
Omelet

I hope you get some rain, Tim. We were lucky yesterday. Clouds, fat and dark with water, moved in from the northwest and promised rain. Leaves turned their silver sides up in anticipation, and I swear the foot high corn was dancing in the fields as they waved at the sky. Then the clouds burst and the water fell. Instantly the heat we have been experiencing here in Ohio gave way to cool northern air. What a relief! In answer to your question...find a corn field, face the direction fronts usually come in from and start dancing. Wave your arms arms with the corn and beckon those fat water clouds to come.

Reply to
Hud

None of you are in UK right now are you? Does anybody know a good unrain dance?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Or Texas!!! ;-D

Reply to
Omelet

Nope, not here, but how about you do a "send the rain that way dance" and send your rain to us in the eastern US...............lol

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Tim" wrote in news:138a5mtkreh0nb1 @corp.supernews.com:

I've had good success with prayer. Just a few days ago I told God how much I thought we needed rain and got an inch and a half.

YMMV, just passing on my experience.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

LOL If I knew the dance I would be doing it! No rain here in 2 months!! TG I have well water but will soon have to worry about that to...sooner or later have to replenish that water..

Reply to
diane

know the feeling.......we have a well too, but the way the river's looking, the well might be dry soon. I'm still watching it rain all round my area, but not enough to even merit falls here.............

Reply to
raeannsimpson

I second that.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

We could use some rain out here in Southern California. This place is a tinderbox.

Reply to
Robert Martellino

Southern California is a semi-desert. The Owens Valley water, Colorado River water, and aqueduct water from the Sacramento River in northern California are what make southern California possible. When you get a couple of showers in southern California, you know it's winter. When the tumble weeds bloom in southern California you know it's spring. People build homes in the chaparral. The chaparral needs fire for it's seeds to germinate. Hello, Topanga Canyon and southern California.

Southern California is a semi-desert. It is best not to expect rain.

Reply to
Billy Rose

Careful for what you wish for, it might come true. See central Texas previous 3 years, and now. My lawnmower is beatup as a result, no rest. Dave

Reply to
Dave