snowdrops are up

I just found a patch of snowdrops up and blooming in my back yard. hoo haa, it is

50+ degrees here today, and the weather is weirdly warm, almost like living in D.C. Ingrid zone 5 soon to be 6 due to global warming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

This seems like fun now, but I remember 1993 here in Rochester when a similar weather pattern resulted in a nasty ice storm. I lost electricity and had to stay with my mother in law for almost a week. If it happens again, I'll choose death by hypothermia. :-)

On the other hand, I have fresh chives in January.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ha, I too, was Zone 5.5 going on 6, but this is a Zone 8 winter. My winter garden, instead of being dormant and awaiting harvest, is actively growing. I pick substantial heads of radicchio, and the leaves are 90% good, unblemished by freezes. The carrots are huge. Bigger veggies, and they are a breeze to clean. Usually, come January one has to go through several layers of dead leaves to get to the radicchio heart. But, at least here in SE MI, the first all-day-below-freezing event will be tuesday.

Reply to
simy1

"simy1" expounded:

I've got a rosemary plant out there doing just fine, spinach, beets, the parsley is starting to grow.....this can't last, though. Everything will get hammered with cold soon enough.

Reply to
Ann