Simple question re: butterflies

What exactly do butterflies do all day? I'm writing a story where I briefly mention monarch butterflies. I need just a simple one-line answer.

Phil

Reply to
dogglebe

Eat, fight, and make little butterflies.

Reply to
Charles

You want one line to describe the complexity that is the Monarch Butterfly?

Reply to
Lucky

pursue happiness while serving the needs of nature!

Reply to
Uleetsa Moscowa

Thanks Charles.

Phil

Reply to
dogglebe

Except in the fall when they fly south for vacation. . . or winter when they turn mountains in Mexico orange. . .or spring when they fly back as far as Hudson Bay.

See

for some timetables. [specifically-
]

Jim