Sick Holly

I have an American Holly (Ilex opaca), planted in 1985, now over 20' high - probably close to 25'. It has been sick for several years.
One person who claimed to be an expert on I.opaca said I should use Cygon 2E, in spite of the fact that it warned on the label not to use it on hollies. I did use it and almost killed the tree.
I just sprayed it this morning with "dormant" fungicide spray ("97% mineral oil" according to the label). I was also going to spray it with a dormant insecticide, until I noticed a warning against using it on hollies.
There are a few pictures of affected leaves here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bv0opkhj.4fomm2rb&x=0&y=-y7zem0
In fact many of the leaves are much worse - there is also a seedling of about 2 1/2 feet which is much worse - many of the leaves are completely dead.
Can anyone recognize the problem? Maybe *more* than one problem?
Solutions?
Carl

http://www.growit.com/bin/Problems.exe?MyType=106 HTH
In article

Sometimes you have to take the sick trees out and not plant new ones in the same place for years. Looks nasty and with it on a nearby plant contagious. If other folks in the neighborhood have Hollies it might be advisable to have a county agent look at it for safe disposal.
Bill
http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-1087/ANR-1087.pdf
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade