Shrub Question

Please don't jump on me for asking here ... I'm hoping someone has had experience, is all. I have searched -- the web, gardening books and software, but I'm suffering from information overload and confusion.
Can anyone recommend a shrub, preferable flowering at some point, that won't exceed 6' tall by 6' around that can take 100 degree summers on a Southern exposure that gets full sun all day? In in zone 5, but if this heat keeps up it'll be zone 6 very soon.
Thanks ...
Cotoneaster.
Nanceemo wrote:

Potentilla. Floribunda roses. Keep them watered in the heat.
Wendy Sequim, WA (Zone 8)
Another vote for potentilla. karen portland, or

Blue mist spirea, fernbush, rabbitbrush, Moonlight broom, apache plume, waxflower, Russian globe peashrub, Nanking cherry, Russian sage to name a few. sed5555
I've never heard of most of those! So much for my searching.
Thanks
no offense, and thanks for the suggestions, but I just happen not to like potentilla. I did, until it started being used so widely on commercial property. Yes, I know, that is why it's tough and why you did suggest it. : )
Nine bark, Mock Orange" Blizzard"
--
Jayel