Shape of Rose of Sharon plant

I have a new Rose of Sharon plant.
Will it developed into a tree-look plant or a bush (like a lilac)?
Can I force to become a bush?
Thanks
AAaron123 wrote:

It is a bush. Here is a good photo of one that looks to be 5 or 6 years old growing in a sunny location. http://www.greenwoodnursery.com/page.cfm/11985
If you want to contain it to a single bush, pull up all the small ones that come up around it every spring when the dropped seed sprout.
Tom J
I seen pictures on the internet that show it as a small single trunk tree.
The plant I have is 3 feet high and has a single trunk.
Do more "trunks" grow from the bottom as it gets older?
thanks

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:16:16 -0400, "AAaron123"

If you cut the top, you will encourage suckers and more branching below. After blooming the plant will spread many seeds and you will have more plants than you can give away.
Those that "look" like a small tree have had the trunk trimmed to get that look. You have to contiounly keep the sprouts trimed off all during the year every year to get that look. I let mine do their natural thing!!
Tom J
AAaron123 wrote:

thanks

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:46:01 -0400, "AAaron123"

Yes. It is best to trim it a little, and often to get the shape you want. However if you trim now, you may cut off some blooming parts as the ROS are just beginning their flowering season.
thanks