Need to trim 12 foot high arborvitea hedge

I submitted this to the wrong NG before I found this one.

I have a tall arborvitae hedge (12 feet tall) that I trim using a ladder. I'd like to buy a trimmer on a pole and use that instead. I wonder if a prunner would work. What I see on the internet looks like a small chain saw at the end of a pole. I'd rather get one like that rather than a trimmer that shears because sometime a thick branch bends out of place a needs cutting.

Besides the sides, the top needs pruning so as not to grow too tall. After a couple of years those stems get too big for a trimmer.

But I wonder if a chain saw with small teeth can cut the soft growth or will it just mash it?

Any advice?

Reply to
AAaron123