Rose of Sharon with chlorosis

I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Reply to
Travis

Fertilize them would be the obvious answer.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

What would be the "obvious" type of fertilizer?

Travis

Cereus-validus wrote:

Reply to
Travis

Thank you for the advise on the Rose of Sharon and thank you for bottom posting.

Travis

Reply to
Travis

Rose of Sharon's leaves emerge rather late in spring & are at first naturally yellow, will later harden to green.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Hello Travis :-))

Hibiscus often suffer from chlorosis, typically due to a lack of needed trace elements, usually iron, zinc and/or manganese. A good balanced fertilizer with added trace elements ( I like Dr Earth's Organic 8 - specifically recommended for hibiscus ) should do the trick.

For a really fast, tonic-like approach, spray the foliage and the surface of the root zone with MirAcid (aka MiracleGro for Acid Lovers). This delivers chelated iron rapidly and you should see noticeable greening in a week or two.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Go to a Home Depot, Lowes or some other store with a garden section and see the obvious for yourself. Believe it or not, it will say right on the package what it is for! Amazing isn't it?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Thanks Pam

Reply to