seed to seed regions, US vs UK

I have a copy of the book 'Seed to Seed' by Suzanne Ashworth, does anyone know if any of the seven US regions from the book (Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast/Gulf Coast, Upper Midwest, Southwest, Central West Coast, Maritime Northwest) are comparable to the South coast of UK, specifically South Devon? If not which one is closest? TIA, James

The only American climate zone with a vaguely similar UK equivalent (not an exact match) is the Maritime NW/PNW (a bit like north-west- UK). However, as I'm sure you know, South Devon and the South coast of England's climate are not equivalent to the NW coast of the UK.
Janet (Isle of Arran, west-coast Scotland).
There are sites with USDA zone markings for Europe, and China, and Aust/NZ. Amazing...
I looked at this one < http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/European.htm and find the UK is zone 8 or 9. The southern end would be like the central coast of California I imagine. But the Channel does make a difference. Pacific Northwest of US wouldn't be too far off.
bahB

Please note New Zealand is a different country (more literate, better breeding, more open minded and tolerant, don't cheat as much etc etc) to Australia. There is about 1500 kms of ocean between us.
rob

And possible, because like the USA, those are huge continental landmasses. Therefore, they have continental climates. The UK is a tiny landmass in a huge ocean and therefore does NOT have a continental landmass climate or zones.

Very few, tiny areas of the UK are like 8 or 9. You may be unaware that we're as far north as Alaska and Newfoundland.
The southern end would be like the

Nope. See above.
But the Channel does make a

So does the 3000 miles of Atlantic ocean that borders the other side
Pacific Northwest of US wouldn't be too far off.
PNW is the nearest equivalent America has, but it doesn't match eastern UK.
Janet (UK)