Grub control in garden

I was tilling my garden today and noticed a LOT of grubs popping up. I am assuming that tilling will help control the grubs . . . right? I plan on tilling agian and again until I don't notice them. Is this futile.

How about Milky Spore? Does anyone use this in the garden? My biggest concern in alergies. My wife is basically allergic to everything and I would hate to contaminate the garden with something that would add to her misery (especially in the spring).

TIA,

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Are the grubs causing you any problems yet? They have never bothered my gardens, but I may not raise the same things you want to.

The milky spore isn't supposed to be harmful to anything but the grubs, and one application is supposed to take 2 or 3 years to be fully effective. The effect of it is supposed to last for 20 years. The biggest benefit you will see is that it gets rid of moles that dig around in your grass and yard hunting for grubs. When the grubs are gone, the moles will leave.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne