Scotts Deluxe Broadcast Spreader

I bought a Scotts Deluxe broadcast spreader with Edgeguard. I used it for 10 minutes and found that sometimes the right wheel locks up when using it on a slope. The right wheel also locks up when pulling back on the spreader (the instructions say to gently pull back). I also noticed that the hopper is much thinner than the previous (Scotts) spreader I owned. Anyone else notice this? Will Home Depot take this product back? Are there better brands for walk behind broadcast spreaders? I need one this fall for liming, fertilizing, and overseeding.

Home Depot will take it back no problem, or they will exchange it, probably just a malfunction on the one you got.
Phisherman wrote:

I've bought a bunch of different spreaders over the years. IMO the Scotts brand were all pretty much cheap junk. I tryed an Agway, which was a little better. Then, a couple years back, I broke down and bought a Lesco. What a great tool! 80 lbs capacity, stainless steel frame, big rubber tires, and accurate feed adjustments. http://www.lesco.com/ProdCatalog/ProdCatalogNav.aspx?ProdGroupIDI&SKUGroupID 2