Sad story worth repeating concerning Walnut Acres

Used to place a monthly order that I could pick up at a drop off house about 5 miles away. All sorts of foods from small producers. The dates rolled in coconut whew. The stables and the monthly note from Paul. So human seemed like family hell they were told to do good work providing food from some skinny Indian guy in 1946. Then it was gone no clue as to what happened. Found this PDF much latter which answered questions but could not address the void. Organic with a face and vitality and other attributes gone.
Still have Eden Foods but I was spoiled.
Anyway a good read even if sad.
<http://www.nofa.org/tnf/2006spring/The%20Walnut%20Acres%20Story.pdf
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
On 4/23/09 3:58 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com, "Bill"

I have to admit I was confused - I just "found" Walnut Acres; their low sodium pasta sauce is a family favorite.
Is the quality lesser now? I can't get into the Hain site this AM so I can't comment otherwise.
Cheryl

The brand name was sold. I can't speak of the quality now but the trust engendered by the "Real Walnut Acres" was developed over time. They did their own canning, had refrigerated grain bins, and were wacko in a wonderful sense. Loved them. Think small scale with community involvement aka real work with a charity too boot to help India's children and there was no overhead cost. Dollar in Dollar out.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
On 4/24/09 10:15 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com, "Bill"

Can't say I blame them for selling.
Hain seems to be a decent place; maybe not as socially conscious as WA, but few are.