roundup in the yard and garden

Page 5 of 6

LOL! I can "amen!" that one too........love to see the expressions if u did

Oh....those kinds of guests....
On Wed, 30 May 2007 14:41:58 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

What, it doesn't work on dogs! Wahahahaha!

Dogs are like tomato hornworms. Better to pick them off one at a time, so to speak.
On Wed, 30 May 2007 14:30:56 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"

Whoooaaa......faaar out, man. Didn't you worry about getting busted?
Peace and Love Charlie
Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

LOL... I never got busted but could never get the tomato plants to grow right. I got blossoms but no tomatoes.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Beez a bee, honeybee.
in: rec.gardens

I was told at a cocktail party I was throwing that there was no pollination as beez do not go that high. I attributed it to the alcohol talking at the time.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
On Thu, 31 May 2007 01:54:37 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"

Bees do not pollinate tomatoes, wind does. Give your plants a good shake daily till you set fruit
jangchub wrote:

Well, honey bees don't pollinate tomatoes, they can't get to the pollen. The sonic "buzz" of bumble and carpenter bees along with other solitary bees causes the tomato to release pollen usually resulting in higher yields than depending on the wind or vibration to do the trick.
Lar
On Wed, 30 May 2007 12:15:24 -0500, Charlie wrote:

One time my X neighbor (his wife finally divorced him) called the police on me for growing pot and when the cop got here he laughed his ass off. It was a Vitex castus agnus.

Chasteberry....good herb.
You mean the cop knew it was chasteberry? Likely not, just not the other herb.
Cops around are not quite that.....uhhhhh.....whatever!
Man, I hope it quits raining for just a few days, I gotta get offline and into the dirt
Charlie
On Wed, 30 May 2007 22:39:32 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Actually, it's a Texas native plant. They grow all over the place along the highways and get upwards of 30 feet tall. Mine is about 15 feet tall and wider than that. This last rain event bent it way over and it's in full bloom so very top heavy. I have the 'Carolina Blue' and I give tons of them away each year. They reseed readily. I am going to start selling plants next spring on eBay.
Oh, yes, the cop didn't know...feh.
Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

It takes very little time and is no trouble at all.

Tell you what Chuck. You come on over and I'll give you a brand new garden knife to dig up the violets. You'll be dead of old age before you get the job done but I promise to cremate you in the Webber kettle after you pass on.

Gee whiz!!! Then don't read it.

The cup and brush are put into a plastic bag, sealed and put into the regular trash. Where do you think I put it, in the recycle bin?
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
On Tue, 29 May 2007 01:48:27 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
Apparently the small stuff does bother you or you wouldn't resort to the name changing game when addressing me. That's newbie stuff.
You can try the tough act, the USENET warrior routine, all the puffing and posturing, but you just don't have it man.
Care Charlie
Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

ROFL... My apology for changing your name Charlie. It's a bad habit. I was not huffing and posturing. I guess I just don't have it.
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:29:57 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"

Nah... you're alright. For a violet-hater. ;-)
Sounds like you might be from my part of the country, at least you referenced Mo Botanical Gardens. Relax, I greatly value my privacy and regionality is about as far as it goes.
Anyhows, a little poke in the eye and banging on pots keeps us all entertained and learning. Thats how things have always worked in my family, everyone has the freedom to scream and yell and vent. After the dust settles, we find we have come to some sort of agreement that is equitable for all involved.
Be Careful, there are zealots running around with sticks and pots
Charlie
Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

LOL... I think they are a nuisance. I'll give 'em this. They are really nice when in bloom.

I'm not real picky about people knowing my location. I live in the St. Louis area.

I really agree with this. During a heated debate sometimes I have to take pause and seriously listen to what the other people around me are saying. I tend to be stubborn and sometimes need to be called to task now and then. My SO has always said I'm a handful.

It's the same in ever ng I post in. So far I don't think I've seen any zealots here. There were 3 of you that really went after the Roundup issue and I'm going to research it more. In the meantime I'll dig up all the violets and send 'em to Fragile Warrior ;)
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Just a handful? Tell him I'm sorry for him.
I made a funny.

You can't research these products. There is no data. In order to test things like this, you need hundreds or thousands of people to volunteer to be dosed with chemicals. Now, think hard. If Monsanto or Dow somehow came up with that many volunteers, what kinds of people do you think they might be, and how would that affect the research?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

A reference that one of you (Bill, I think) gave yesterday said, "Glyphosate is acutely toxic to humans. Ingesting about 3/4 of a cup can be lethal."
Were they just pulling numbers out of their ass? (actually, I think they were, but I'm not the one who posted it)
That's why I like old fashion chemicals that have been around for 40 years rather than the brand new exotic pesticides that Bayer makes. There's enough anecdotal data to actually mean something. ;-)
C10H6Cl8 Bob