roundup in the yard and garden

Page 3 of 6
rec.gardens:

I'm not sure who or what you are responding to. Are you accusing me of being a twit that sprays for every weed?
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

I know you contribute a lot of intelligent commentary, especially in the food NG, but in this one regard (chemicals), you are being a twit. Sorry, Michael. It's a cop out to say "I just use a small amount of chemicals". As I mentioned above, homeowners are one of the two largest sources of groundwater pollution. That's bad, and there is no room to debate it. Your kitchen is yours to spend a fortune on. But outdoors, the things you do don't stay on your property.

third catagory. Roundup does not enter the ground water supply when applied as directed. Likewise your comments do not eneter the inbtellegent acatagory when read as written.
to post this at:

Right. Unlike all other materials in the universe, Roundup vanishes completely without a trace of either the product or its ingredients. How could I have been so wrong?
rec.gardens

The little cascade Charlie started is about as enlightened as you calling me a twit. I also know you contribute a lot of intelligent commentary in the groups you participate in but resorting to finger pointing and name calling will not make any points for your cause, at least in my direction.

Well Joe, neither does air pollution for autos and industry, alcohol in a body behind the wheel of an automobile or letting screaming children cross your property line etc. I am not, nor ever have been a purist. I am more of a middle ground person. Am I aware chemicals may cause contamination? Of course I am. Do I use organic and natual herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers? That is all I use, even on the lawn, except for the Roundup. I use Roundup very responsibly and will not apologize, or even feel bad, for using it. I have great respect and fear of chemicals. I have 3 cats, a dog and a horse. All rescue animals. But yet I find PETA to be a rabid organization. IMO they take things to the very extreme and do nothing but damage to the organization. I like vodka martinis and hate gin. I am gay but firmly denounce NAMBLA and other organizations like it. See how I am? People and organizations that are extreme in any area, with completely rigid attitudes and opinions, generally snap off during the big storm. Michael <- just my 2 cents
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Long winded bastard aren't you. Act like a fool be treated like a fool.

Long winded? Yeah, I can be sometimes. OTOH as far as I know my birth is legitimate.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Is that wiggle room?

ROFL... who knows? I have traits of both parents so I assume I'm legit. If I'm not I don't much care anyway.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
was forced to post this in:

Chemicals are like religion, Michael. The moment they leave your property, you're guilty. I love fishing. But guess what? Every year, the list of fish that are unhealthy to eat grows larger. You could say that as of today, you're not the cause of that, since the chemicals found in fish came from industries who dumped toxic waste 20-40 years ago. But 20 years from now, the crap YOU use will be showing up in fish, and you WILL be guilty.
Remember: Homeowners have now surpassed industry as point source polluters. Do you know what a point source is?
rec.gardens

No I don't know what a point source is... *exactly*. My knowledge of chemical pollution is very limited. I have a vague idea of what a "point source" might be. If you direct me to a link I'll have a read.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
was forced to post this in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_source_(pollution)
On Sun, 27 May 2007 12:38:57 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"

You go to all that time and trouble?
Jeez man, it's a lot quicker to just dig the offending plant. Carry a garden knife.
Uh, not to mention......safer!
Sometimes I just can't belive what I'm readin'!
BTW where do you pitch the cup and brush. Are you following proper disposal procedure?
Charlie
Charlie wrote in to post this at: rec.gardens:

Hey, can everyone stop picking on Michael now? I think the points have been made often enough and hard enough and more-than-occasionally *rude enough* that he understands the pros and cons now.
A kinder approach teaches people; pig pile/shit upons just drives them away.
in: rec.gardens

Thanks Giselle and I already knew about the pros and cons long before reading this ng. How long have we known each other? 15+ years now? The two of us have been through a LOT of Usenet wars together and both of us can hold our own. Remarkably well I might add ;) I don't think anyone here or in RFC have seen either of us in action. No one would ever talk to us again ;)

You know me better than that. I'll leave when I get bored and the discourse becomes stale. I've been to hell and back and cheated death. I just don't let the small stuff bother me any more.
<smooch>
Michael <- stuffed from the party this afternoon
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
On Mon, 28 May 2007 19:08:07 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Oh pulleeze! Don't be so........fragile. I thought you and he were Battle Hardened. Nobody even threw a hard punch.
Be a tough old garden plant! Or weed!
You can never, ever quit banging the pots when it comes to poison in the garden.
Please Be Careful, my FragileFriend Charlie

We are all getting screwed by the same agri-military-oil-industrial complex. (Actually, if you look real hard, it is just oil.) It took me a long time to figure out what was going on, once I escaped the housing tracts of So. California. We all start somewhere. We are social animals and if our society is ignorant, then we probably are too. If we get into who is more socially conscious than who, we can all just bend over and kiss it good-bye. Fools are not the enemy, they are the victims. We don't need to do ADM's and Cargill's work for them by keeping ourselves ignorant. If someone wants to know, don't get all aristocratic on them. Tell 'em what you know. Sheesh. OK. Everybody let go their ankles and stand-up. I mean besides "frankenflowers" they got "Organic TV dinners" that are made by people for people. None of that nature stuff that was never meant for people. HELLO! The spin is on. Backs to the wall. - Bill Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Fools are the victims? Maybe victims of advertising, but that's about as far as you can stretch that idea. Michael has a choice to not use chemicals in his yard. Nobody's putting a gun to his head, except his partner, who's got issues with unimportant details.
rec.gardens

Would you care to expound?
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
was forced to post this in:

Am I mistaken, or didn't you say you fussed with weeds because they annoyed your partner?