roundup in the yard and garden

Pambo forced "JoeSpareBedroom" to post this at: rec.gardens:

I'm not sure who or what you are responding to. Are you accusing me of being a twit that sprays for every weed?

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

I know you contribute a lot of intelligent commentary, especially in the food NG, but in this one regard (chemicals), you are being a twit. Sorry, Michael. It's a cop out to say "I just use a small amount of chemicals". As I mentioned above, homeowners are one of the two largest sources of groundwater pollution. That's bad, and there is no room to debate it. Your kitchen is yours to spend a fortune on. But outdoors, the things you do don't stay on your property.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There are non-twits, twits, and then there are Uber twits. You joe are in the third catagory. Roundup does not enter the ground water supply when applied as directed. Likewise your comments do not eneter the inbtellegent acatagory when read as written.

Reply to
Rick

Right. Unlike all other materials in the universe, Roundup vanishes completely without a trace of either the product or its ingredients. How could I have been so wrong?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You go to all that time and trouble?

Jeez man, it's a lot quicker to just dig the offending plant. Carry a garden knife.

Uh, not to mention......safer!

Sometimes I just can't belive what I'm readin'!

BTW where do you pitch the cup and brush. Are you following proper disposal procedure?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Charlie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hey, can everyone stop picking on Michael now? I think the points have been made often enough and hard enough and more-than-occasionally *rude enough* that he understands the pros and cons now.

A kinder approach teaches people; pig pile/shit upons just drives them away.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

The little cascade Charlie started is about as enlightened as you calling me a twit. I also know you contribute a lot of intelligent commentary in the groups you participate in but resorting to finger pointing and name calling will not make any points for your cause, at least in my direction.

Well Joe, neither does air pollution for autos and industry, alcohol in a body behind the wheel of an automobile or letting screaming children cross your property line etc. I am not, nor ever have been a purist. I am more of a middle ground person. Am I aware chemicals may cause contamination? Of course I am. Do I use organic and natual herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers? That is all I use, even on the lawn, except for the Roundup. I use Roundup very responsibly and will not apologize, or even feel bad, for using it. I have great respect and fear of chemicals. I have 3 cats, a dog and a horse. All rescue animals. But yet I find PETA to be a rabid organization. IMO they take things to the very extreme and do nothing but damage to the organization. I like vodka martinis and hate gin. I am gay but firmly denounce NAMBLA and other organizations like it. See how I am? People and organizations that are extreme in any area, with completely rigid attitudes and opinions, generally snap off during the big storm. Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

It takes very little time and is no trouble at all.

Tell you what Chuck. You come on over and I'll give you a brand new garden knife to dig up the violets. You'll be dead of old age before you get the job done but I promise to cremate you in the Webber kettle after you pass on.

Gee whiz!!! Then don't read it.

The cup and brush are put into a plastic bag, sealed and put into the regular trash. Where do you think I put it, in the recycle bin?

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

FragileWarrior

You know me better than that. I'll leave when I get bored and the discourse becomes stale. I've been to hell and back and cheated death. I just don't let the small stuff bother me any more.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Reply to
Bill Rose

Apparently the small stuff does bother you or you wouldn't resort to the name changing game when addressing me. That's newbie stuff.

You can try the tough act, the USENET warrior routine, all the puffing and posturing, but you just don't have it man.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

On Mon, 28 May 2007 19:08:07 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Here's a better idea: Get your partner to a therapist. Today, it's the violets. Soon, he'll be cleaning that $50,000.00 kitchen light fixture with a friggin' Q-tip, and the two of you will have no time for anything enjoyable.

Seriously. Violets? He needs to deal with his obsessive compulsive behavior.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We are all getting screwed by the same agri-military-oil-industrial complex. (Actually, if you look real hard, it is just oil.) It took me a long time to figure out what was going on, once I escaped the housing tracts of So. California. We all start somewhere. We are social animals and if our society is ignorant, then we probably are too. If we get into who is more socially conscious than who, we can all just bend over and kiss it good-bye. Fools are not the enemy, they are the victims. We don't need to do ADM's and Cargill's work for them by keeping ourselves ignorant. If someone wants to know, don't get all aristocratic on them. Tell 'em what you know. Sheesh. OK. Everybody let go their ankles and stand-up. I mean besides "frankenflowers" they got "Organic TV dinners" that are made by people for people. None of that nature stuff that was never meant for people. HELLO! The spin is on. Backs to the wall.

Bill Rose

Fools are the victims? Maybe victims of advertising, but that's about as far as you can stretch that idea. Michael has a choice to not use chemicals in his yard. Nobody's putting a gun to his head, except his partner, who's got issues with unimportant details.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bill Rose was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

Long winded? Yeah, I can be sometimes. OTOH as far as I know my birth is legitimate.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

ROFL... My apology for changing your name Charlie. It's a bad habit. I was not huffing and posturing. I guess I just don't have it.

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

Would you care to expound?

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Am I mistaken, or didn't you say you fussed with weeds because they annoyed your partner?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom